Monday, September 8, 2008

the last potty update...



I say it is the last because Brooklyn is officially 100% potty trained. That means big girl underwear all day, even naps. She only wears diapers at night. She had been staying dry out in public but i was too afraid to take the chance of an accident, until about 1 1/2 weeks ago we were going to run errands and she REFUSED to wear a diaper. So off we went on a couple hour adventure and sure enough we were in target and Brooklyn told me we needed to pee, and so she did in target. We ran around for a few more hours and then when we got home another full bladder in the toilet. I went to lay her down for her nap and again REFUSED to wear a diaper. I thought for sure that i was going to have to wash her bedding...and nope, dry again. It has made going out a little more challenging because i am constantly walking into a store and thinking to myself "where is the restroom" just in case we need to make a mad dash for it. Also the germ factor freaks me out...but i just use 15 seat covers and bathe her in antibacterial hand soap. I am so proud of my little smarty pants. I am hoping with this behind us and the binky sitting in a landfill she can focus on talking.

1 comment:

Laura and Corey said...

you guys had a big week! 100% binky free and 100% diaper free! you are the best mom ever. you inspire me to bear children of my own.

Mommy and Baby

Mommy and Baby
One year together!

About Me

My photo
Our journey of life together has just begun. I look forward to every twist and turn that lies ahead. We are a team, and together we will conquer the world!