Wednesday, April 30, 2008

big day


So i was folding laundry and i realized i couldn't hear Brooklyn which usually means trouble. I get up and start calling her and i hear in a very sweet voice "poopoo" and there is my child sitting on her potty reading a book with her diaper in the trash and her shorts on the ground! That's right Brooklyn on her own realized she needed to go to the bathroom took off her shorts, than took off her diaper and through it in the bathroom trash, picked up a book and sat on the toilet and yes even went to the bathroom!!!! I have never been so proud!!!!!!!!! I have not been pushing the potty training thing at all. I don't even ask her if she wants to sit on it. I leave it up to her, if she brings it up we do it! Some days she uses it a couple times and someday not at all! This was a big step for my little girl!
That picture was taken this time last year! It is hard to believe that this time last year she couldn't even crawl and one year later she is potty training herself!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Laura and Corey said...

you just might have one of those genius girls who potty trains by 18 months. i, on the other hand, will most certainly have children in diapers until the 3 1/2 to 4 year range...

Julie and Brooklyn said...

your child will be potty trained by two as all good children should be, because you will have ME breathing down your neck telling you that you pretty much suck as a mom!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is so sweet! What a big girl.

Mommy and Baby

Mommy and Baby
One year together!

About Me

My photo
Our journey of life together has just begun. I look forward to every twist and turn that lies ahead. We are a team, and together we will conquer the world!