Friday, May 16, 2008

The BIG One Eight!!!!

Today is Brooklyn's half birthday...the big 18 months! It is hard to believe that my baby has officially turned into a toddler. I remember crying this same day last year in complete disbelief that she was turning 6 months old! It has been a whirlwind of a year. In twelve months time Brooklyn has learned to crawl, stand, walk, run, talk, go potty in the toilet, play games, dance, sing, the list could go on and on! Just in this past week Brooklyn went from a 1 year old to a 2 year old. She now wants to watch the same movie over and over and over and over again and cries when it ends, doesn't eat the crust of the bread, cries when i tell her its time for bed, finds reasons to not go to bed, example asks for more drink, tells me she needs to go poo poo when she knows darn well she doesn't, asks for one more book, or simply hides! She also now realizes when i take a bite of her food that is one bite she doesn't get, is constantly hiding from me, runs from me when i ask her to "come here"! She also doesn't think she needs to nap. She went from taking two naps equaling 3 plus hours to only taking one for 45 minutes! "sigh" Brooklyn right now loves anything that has to do with water! We spend all day in the pool, water table, running through sprinklers, playing in the hose. It is nice for me because i get to lounge in the chair and get some sun. Brooklyn is also starting to sing and dance more. Toilet learning Like all things Brooklyn has done it a little different then most children. She learned to go poop on the toilet before going pee. She officially only poops on the toilet. It took a little over one week to learn. She pees probably one out of every 5 pees in the potty and 100% of poops in the potty. Even when we are out she tells me she needs to poop and she will wait till get home and runs straight for the potty! I am hoping by the end of the month she will have conquered peeing! Everyday i thank God for giving me this time with her. I wake up every morning with the intent to be the best mom i can be. I put my problems, concerns, worries, and laziness aside to be what she needs me to be. She is so smart, sensitive, compassionate, funny, adventurous and most of all loving and affectionate. I am so glad i get to be around to enjoy her.

1 comment:

Liz and Brian said...

Awww everything you said about Brooklyn just makes me feel good!!

Mommy and Baby

Mommy and Baby
One year together!

About Me

My photo
Our journey of life together has just begun. I look forward to every twist and turn that lies ahead. We are a team, and together we will conquer the world!