Tuesday, May 6, 2008

all "grown up" this week


I decided that Monday was going to be the first day with no bottle. I was going to wait till 2 years but in the last couple of weeks Brooklyn went from asking for her bottle only 2 a day to asking at least 50 times a day. I knew everyday that passed was only going to make it harder. Monday morning came and she asked and i had the "talk" with her. It was a rough morning but improved throughout the day. This morning has already gone much smoother.


Also this morning i told Brooklyn "no more pee pee and poo poo in the diaper, only in the potty." We went to the store first thing this morning and i let her pick out "potty toys". I bought a basket and let her fill it with toys and books that she can play with with sitting on the potty only. I also bought stickers and a poster board to make a potty chart. I let her help me color it and i explained that every time she uses the potty she can put a sticker on the chart and we hung it in the bathroom where she can reach it. So from 6:30 this morning till right now at 11:45 Brooklyn has put all her pee and poo in the potty. she has worn her big girl underwear all morning with no accidents! I am not saying that she is completely trained but she is well on her way...she just gets it!

1 comment:

Laura and Corey said...

potty-trained at 18 months... you are so screwed on your next child. diapers until second grade at least.

Mommy and Baby

Mommy and Baby
One year together!

About Me

My photo
Our journey of life together has just begun. I look forward to every twist and turn that lies ahead. We are a team, and together we will conquer the world!