Thursday, August 21, 2008

Brooklyn update

My little Brooklyn.

The last few months have been a roller coaster of emotion for Brooklyn. She is finally cutting all her teeth which means cutting a nasty attitude right along with it. There are good weeks where she is full of energy, laughter and smiles. And then there are weeks of pure horror. Brooklyn is a poster child for clean and tidiness. She throws her own trash away without being asked, i don't know if i have ever seen her throw trash on the ground. She clears her own plate and puts it in the sink. When she is finished with her cup it also is tossed into the sink. She always uses a napkin to wipe her face. She can even now carry her step stool to the sink so she can wash her hands and brush her teeth which she also does own her won without being asked. She is constantly cleaning up after me...throwing my trash away, caring my shoes into my room and flushing the toilet after me.

Her speech is coming along slowly. We are working on letter sounds instead of focusing on whole words. She has so much to say I am almost afraid of when she can really say whats on her mind.

Potty training is also coming along great. She decides every morning whether she wants big girl underwear or diapers. I never have to remind her to go, she just does it on her own. I think come October i will stop the diapers completely.

Brooklyn started crawling out of her crib so we finally took down one side and turned it into a toddler bed. It was a big day. I feared that naps were going to turn into a struggle and that she would never stay in her bed. I have been pleasantly surprised. I put her in bed, and there she stays until she wakes up. The best part is that i wake up to her climbing in bed with me.


No comments:

Mommy and Baby

Mommy and Baby
One year together!

About Me

My photo
Our journey of life together has just begun. I look forward to every twist and turn that lies ahead. We are a team, and together we will conquer the world!