Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the happiest day of my life






















I decided to tackle Disney alone today. I have always gone with either Tara or Lisa because I have always feared it to be too difficult to push a stroller and chase a 18 month old. But I did it and not only was it easy, it was the best day of my life. Because I didn't have someone there to chat with or distract me, I was able to completely enjoy the company of my daughter. We spent the day as friends, best friends. We rode the carousal twice, got matching butterflies painted on our face, ate hot dogs, shared a churro and danced and sang while we watched two parades. Brooklyn didn't whine or cry once, and probably gave me more hugs and kisses in one day than ever before (and i get TONS of hugs and kisses everyday). We laughed together, we chatted with eachother, and just enjoyed eachothers company. She is such an amazing child with such a special soul. Today was day I know I will never forget!

2 comments:

Laura and Corey said...

your post melted MY heart except when i looked at the matching butterfly face picture and brooklyn is trying desperately to push you away from her much like Joey does to me with his paws...

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is beautiful. I am so happy for you. When I was pregnant my mom told me I would love being having a daughter because she would be "your best friend." It's true. It makes me want to go hug my baby.

Mommy and Baby

Mommy and Baby
One year together!

About Me

My photo
Our journey of life together has just begun. I look forward to every twist and turn that lies ahead. We are a team, and together we will conquer the world!